Global Time Attack | Super Lap Battle
Limited Class Rules
Your vehicle(s) must meet the basic requirements for street vehicles as stated in the GTA Safety Minimums and General Rules.
Any questionable modifications not specifically covered within the class and overall rules must be submitted for clarification and allowed by GTA Staff. If you are unsure if your vehicle meets the regulation requirements, it is your responsibility to clarify any/all areas or points prior to an event.
Limited Class Rules
Please address any technical questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Full carbon fiber or other lightweight material replacement bodies are not permitted. Only bolted on components, i.e. bumpers, front fenders, hood and trunk can be of alternate materials. Doors must remain of OEM shape and design. Doors may be of alternate materials and/or side impact bars may be removed if there is proper side impact protection from a roll cage. Roof panel may be replaced with an alternate material.
- All Limited Class vehicles must retain stock/OEM wheelbase, with exception of suspension geometry adjusting components that change the wheelbase nominally.
- Only one wing is permitted. Aftermarket “Duck bills”, trunks with incorporated “duck bills”, and oem roof trim may be used and may also be used for wing mounting. A duck bill is defined as an extension from the horizontal surface of the roof or trunk rearward. The “duck bills” may be no more than 10” beyond the oem end of the roof/trunk as viewed from above.
- No part of the rear wing may be more than 10” above the roof of the vehicle. Roof mounted wings on hatchbacks may be no more than 18” above the roof.
- The OEM floor pan must remain intact from the front firewall to the forward edge of the rear seat tray or trunk if no rear seat. Modifications to allow for the installation of a GTA-approved fuel cell, roll cage, seat mounting, air jacks or exhaust routing are permitted. Modifications to the firewall are limited to clearance for an engine swap, wiring, and plumbing. Modifications must be structural and sealed.
- OEM front and rear shock towers must remain intact and attached to the OEM tub as stock. Shock/struts must attach to these towers and must pass through the original hole. The shock tower may be modified to allow the installation of camber/caster plates. You may also install shock mounts reinforcement or spacers but the OEM structure must remain in place. They may be clearanced for engine swap fitment only.
- Live axles may be replaced by IRS and vice versa using OEM or equivalent upgraded components from another vehicle mounted as close to OEM designed geometry of the donor car as possible. 4 links may be replaced by pan hard bar and torque arm on live (solid) axle vehicles. Donor parts must come from a GTA eligible vehicle.
- Frame and chassis may be modified to allow for proper suspension travel but are restricted to those modifications necessary to accomplish the above. The chassis/frame rails ahead of the front and behind the rear shock towers and suspension pick up points may be modified or removed.
- Front door glass may be removed.
- Full undertray/ flat bottom is permitted.
- The front splitter must fall within a box described as follows when viewed from above: 10″ forwards from the center of the OEM front bumper, and 14″ outwards from each side of the OEM bumper when viewed from above.
- Rear diffusers may protrude no more than 10” rearward and outward of the OEM bodywork viewed from above.
- The wing may be no more than 14” wider per side than the widest part of the body (not including mirrors).
- Aftermarket fenders and fender flares may be installed. Rear OE fenders may only be modified to allow tire clearance. On vehicles with bolt on rear fenders the entire fender may be replaced with an aftermarket fender.
- OEM Glass windshield must be installed; polycarbonate windows are acceptable in all other positions. Front door windows must be in full down position.
- All glass roof panels or sun roofs may be replaced with alternate materials.
- Sequentially shifted transmissions are permitted but may not be paddle shifted or automated unless OEM.
- Only gasoline, diesel, and ethanol blends are permitted. Methanol, nitromethane, RC fuel and other equivalent exotic fuels are not permitted. Water/Methanol injection may be used.
- Relocation of the engine and or transmission is limited to 2” any direction of the OEM.
- Engine swaps are open. If an engine and or transmission swap is performed the new engine and or transmission must be installed as close as possible to the OEM engine and transmission location. The center (fore/aft) of a swapped in engine must be no more rearward than 2” of the original engine.
- Exhaust must exit behind the front axle with allowances for external wastegate dumps. If the exhaust exits upward or in front of the driver a helmet respirator system is required.
- Nitrous Oxide is permitted with appropriate blow-down tube and mounting. Only one power adder is allowed in engines above 3850cc of the current engine’s oem displacement.
- Hybrid or electric drive is allowed only in full OEM form with no physical modifications to the drive and or control. Programming, tuning, and battery upgrades are open.
- We prefer you use Yokohama Advan A052 tires. The tires are available at a discount to GTA competitors for purchase directly through a Yokohama authorized distributor. Contact email@example.com for details. We will also allow any DOT-approved treaded tires with a minimum UTQG-rating of 60 or higher.
- Adjustable shocks/dampers with a maximum 3-way adjustment are permitted.
- Aftermarket Active suspension is not permitted. Vehicles with OEM semi active or active suspension are permitted to use the OEM system in an unmodified form.
- In-car suspension adjustment is not permitted unless OEM.
- Suspension type changes are limited to OEM component transfer from donor car to complete an IRS conversion or vice versa. Components are to be as close to OEM geometry and position of the donor as possible. Donor components must come from a GTA eligible production vehicle.
- Tire warmers are not permitted.
- No part of the top of the flat tire tread may protrude past the widest point of the wheel arch/fender/quarter panel or flare when viewed from above at the wheel centerline.
- Interior/Roll cage/Safety/Misc.
- All Limited class cars must have at a minimum a 4 point bolt in or welded in cage in accordance with GTA Safety Minimums. GTA highly recommends a fixed-back seat and a proper 5-6 point harness.
- The roll cage may penetrate the firewall and be gusseted to the chassis. The firewall must be sealed.
- All vehicles are required to have front and rear tow hooks.
- All vehicles must have a fire extinguisher or fire suppression within reach of the driver as per GTA Safety Minimums.
- OEM dash panel or reasonable facsimile must be retained, but may be trimmed for clearance. Shift lever surround and center armrest may be removed. Radio may be removed. Headliners and carpet may be removed. Doors may be “gutted” if a six-point roll cage with side impact protection is installed. Please refer to GTA Safety Mins for roll cage requirements.
- Supercars in limited class must adhere to limited class safety regulations including a roll bar or maintain OEM safety and interior. If OEM safety is used, the vehicle must remain stock and currently street registered, with no aftermarket power adders beyond tuning, intake and exhaust.